14 Chicago Businesses with a Drive Thru or Curbside Service
I’ll be honest. My son was a colicky mess for six months. We didn’t get a stretch of sleep for longer than 3 hours at a time and he seemed to only sleep while moving. Luckily, it was a rather mild winter and the Uppa handled snowy sidewalks like a champ. We spent a lot of time aimlessly walking around the neighborhood so that he could sleep and I didn’t loose my mind. When it was too cold for that, like I imagine this winter is, we would drive. I would strategically go from drive thru to drive thru with the intent that I wouldn’t have to turn off the car and wake him. I’d get a muffin from Dunkin’ Donuts, fries from Burger King and finished it off with a Shamrock Shake from Mickey Ds. But now I’m finding out all about how businesses all over the city are catering to new moms, like me, that just can’t get out of the car. Here are some of our favorite local businesses that have curbside or drive thru service.
For when you’re craving something Chicago Style:
For when you need a gift:
For when you need a baby stuff:
- Kooky (River North) (clothing, toys)
- Giggle (Lincoln Park) (carriers, diaper bags, clothing, nursery decor, strollers, car seats)
For when you need COFFEE:
- Starbucks at Western & Addison, Broadway & Devon (Both have Drive Thrus)
- Dunkin Donuts on Clybourn & Cortland or Ashland & Wellington
- Little Beans Cafe - Evanston (Intelligentsia coffee drinks, smoothies and pastries from Flirty Cupcakes)
For when you have a sweet tooth:
Store some of these numbers in your phone and call ahead. Any others on your list? Share with us in comments below!
Posted on March 02, 2015 at 4:38 PM