15 Reasons to LOVE NPN in 2015
Written by: Christa Reed
You probably already know NPN is dedicated to connecting families with the resources they need to navigate parenting the city. But, you probably didn't know that 2015 marks our 35th year. That's right, some of the founding members are grandparents now! So, we're owning 35 and celebrating all year long. Check out how you can join us with the top 15 reasons to LOVE NPN in 2015 (in no particular order).
- New Year Family Celebration We are kicking off 2015 with a BANG! Celebrate the New Year with balloon drops, super fun activities, raffles, music, dancing and so much more. Join us at Lil Kickers Bradley Place for a party your kids won't forget!
- Free Museum Days at the Chicago Children's Museum, Adler Planetarium and Museum of Science and Industry and more to come.
- Childcare Classifieds: Save some money on agency fees and get a recommendation straight from a parent. Many posters are trying to find their wonderful nanny placement after their kids head off to school full-time.
- Mingles: Whether you're an expecting mom, a new mom or just new to NPN. We've got a mingle for you! Keep an eye on the calendar, there's at least one per month.
- 2015 Annual School Fairs, Chicago School Choice Programming and MyDirectory: There is really nothing else like it. Empower yourself and get the resources to make best school decision for your family. Search the directory, customize it, download it, join us for an event or see hundreds of schools in one place at the annual school fairs.
- Discussion Forums: Want to chat? About anything at all? NPN parents are extremely active on the discussion forum and have an answer to any question you may need answered. Chat with parents about schools, childcare, spouses, kids, pregnancy, neighborhoods, where not to order a grilled cheese, how you feel about the ending of Serial and so much more.
- New & Expecting Parent and Parent University Programs: NPN is dedicated to providing the BEST parent programming in Chicago with several events per month with some of the most well-known experts in their fields (including world-renowned author Dr. Thomas Phelan of 1-2-3 Magic). Learn about breastfeeding, infant sleep, childcare, discipline, CPR and everything in between. Join us and empower yourself to be the best parent you can be in 2015.
- Parent Perks and Discounts from businesses like: Adler Planetarium, A & H Childproofers. Bucktown Music, Cocoon Care, Language Stars, Lil Kickers, Meez Meals, Purple Monkey Playroom, Sittercity, Urban Sitter and so many more! Only NPN members can see the discounts, so be sure to log in.
- Chicago's Most Fun Family-Friendly Birthday Party in the City!: Join us on March 29th at Joe's on Weed St. and help us celebrate the big 3-5! We'll have party food, cake, balloons, party games, some of the best kindie performances in town, goody bags and non-stop fun your kids will be talking about for years. This is a CANNOT miss event. RSVP before it sells out!
- New Moms Groups: Connect with other new moms who face the many changes, challenges and joys you are experiencing as a new parent. Most of our groups continue to meet for many years!
- Neighborhood Clubs & Special Interest Groups: Did you know that NPN has 18 social groups? Check out the site and find a group in your area or a group with similar interests! Here's a list of a few: Adoption, Preemie Parents, Stay at Home Dads, Attorney Moms, Mutliples, BYOB Dinner Club and more. We'd love to have you.
- Developmental Differences Resource Fair: This one-of-a-kind fair provides Chicago families school options, service providers, and nonprofits in one place that focus on serving parents of children with developmental differences.
- Doctor's Directory: Looking for a pediatrician, OB, dentist or speech therapist? You can now easily find and recommend medical professionals quickly and easily from within your trusted NPN community. Our Doctor Directory compiles member feedback straight from the forums, making it easy to search by doctor name, specialty and location.
- 2015 Chicago Toddler Expo: Spend the morning with NPN and hear from experts in Toddler Sleep, Potty Training, Discipline and so much more. This event filled up fast last year. It's tentatively scheduled for June, 2015.
- Playdates all over the city! NPN has partnered with the Sod Room, Kidville, Kids Island, My Gym, The Paintbrush, Heritage Littles, Purple Monkey Playroom, Pickles Playroom, Away We Play and The Land of Nod to provide NPN members with more than 50 playdates in 2015! Keep an eye on the NPN calendar and RSVP to join us!
What are some other things you love about NPN? Share in comments below :)Posted on October 13, 2014 at 12:41 PM