Get Ready to Save Big - Babies, Tots n' More Beverly Event
Written by: Kristin Myers
Let’s face it, kids grow fast! It feels like just yesterday that I was bringing my precious baby home for the first time, swimming in his newborn sized outfit. Four years later, that same outfit looks like the perfect dress up prop for a toy doll. I wish that my pocketbook grew as fast as he did!
Fortunately, I have found a way to dress my boys in the best, while saving a ton of money; shopping a Consignment Event. It only happens a few times a year, but I stock up for the entire season and spend about what I would during a regular shopping trip. With summer weather approaching, I am looking forward to shopping at the Babies, Tots n’ More Consignment Event this weekend.
The sale features thousands of quality, new or very gently-used kids’ and maternity items, including children’s clothing (through Youth size 16), shoes, toys, books, games, baby equipment, furniture, n’ more.
With over 20,000 items anticipated at our event, we will have something for everyone!
New to consignment sale shopping? Make the most of your shopping experience; follow these “navigation tips” from the experts at ConsignmentMommies.com:
- Strollers/Baby Equipment/Furnitureis your first stop if you are in need of a new car seat or other piece of equipment.
- After equipment, shop the shoes first. If you're looking for shoes, especially in the larger sizes, hit that section right away. Kids can wear shoes out fast, and there is usually a smaller selection of shoes than clothing. Don't forget to make a footprint cut-out before the event to make sure the shoes will fit.
- Boys' clothes after shoes. I'm not sure if it's because boys are harder on their clothes, or because there is just less variety in boys' clothes, but there are always fewer boy racks, and the boy clothes are often priced higher. Hit those before the girls' so you can find the better clothes and better bargains.
- Re-evaluate your picks before heading to the next section. Sometimes, when I'm in a shopping frenzy, I will pull way too much stuff off the rack. By going through my choices before heading out of the boys' section, I can weed out some of the more questionable items.
- Be careful in the girls' section! The girls' section of consignment sales is some kind of shopping cryptonite.
- Don't forget accessories like socks, hats, etc.
- Save toys and books for last, and be discriminating.The toy section can be overwhelming, to say the least. Head into it with specific ideas for your kids. You can find some great deals on books, so save some energy to refresh your child’s library.
We have one addition to the experts’ suggestions; don’t forget to make a list. It is easy to become distracted and lose sight of what you really need. Grab those items first, and then shop for “the wants”. Lastly, Have Fun! This is one shopping experience you can feel proud about.
For more information check out the Babies, Tots n’ More website at www.babiestotsconsignment.com. Our event will be held at the Beverly Trinity United Methodist Church, located at 9848 S. Winchester. We are open to the public on June 1, 2013. Consignors, volunteers and first-time moms shop our pre-sale on May 31.Posted on April 10, 2013 at 1:00 PM