Family Winter Survival Tips & Stroller Giveaway!
Written by: Sarah Cobb
Not yet an NPN Facebook fan? Check out our Holiday Fun #Giveaway!! One (1) lucky fan will win a BOB Revolution SE Stroller & Britax Stroller Organizer ($477 value)! Click here to enter. Contest ends December 13th at 11:59 CST.
Winter. Every year I wonder why we suffer through the bitter cold and endless gray skies and then I remember - we can't live in this great city without it!
For parents, winter presents other challenges, from fighting off cabin fever to dealing with a little one who refuses to bundle up and wants to crawl, toddle or run outside.
- Give yourself a break from the bundling battle. Plan no-coat outings to a store or museum without indoor attached parking.
- Keep a spare pair of gloves/mittens in your car or diaper bag. You never know when you might lose one!
- Cold and wet is the worst! Pack extra pants and socks in ziplock bags for cold toes when your little one gets soaked with snow. Plus: socks double as gloves in a pinch.
- It might not be summer, but you may still need your sunglasses! The glare from snow can be harmful and uncomfortable for little eyes.
- Use the CTA website's Trip Planner and apps like "Buster" and "Transit Stop" to plan how long you'll wait in the cold for the next train/bus.
- Use the NPN Calendar and Parent Perks to create a plan of attack and keep spending to a minimum.
We're all in this together! Our NPN team spends a lot of time working with great local businesses and resources to support you and your family. From play space playdates to a much-needed night out, let us help you beat the winter blues and make the most of our Windy City.
From our NPN family to yours: please have a happy, warm, giggly and safe New Year!
Don't forget to enter our Holiday Fun Giveaway for a chance to win a BOB Stroller and organizer!