Save Money on Babies & Back to School Shopping!
Written by: Kristin Myers
Win a VIP Pre-Sale Pass to the Babies Tots n' More Consignment Sale! A VIP Pre-Sale Pass gets you in the door at 4:00pm on Thursday, Aug. 28th! Simply reply to this Blog Post below and tell us what you most looking forward to shopping for or selling at the upcoming consignment event. One winner will be selected at 12pm on Monday, August 24th. Get the first look and save big!
Let’s face it, kids grow fast! It feels like just yesterday that I was bringing my precious baby home for the first time, swimming in his newborn sized outfit. Four years later, that same outfit looks like the perfect dress up prop for a toy doll. I wish that my pocketbook grew as fast as he did!
Fortunately, I have found a way to dress my boys in the best, while saving a ton of money; shopping a Consignment Event. It only happens twice a year, but I stock up for the entire season and spend about what I would during a regular shopping trip. With school starting soon, I am looking forward to shopping at the Babies, Tots n’ More Consignment Sale at the end of the month.
The sale features thousands of quality, new or very gently-used kids’ and maternity items, including children’s clothing (through Youth size 16), shoes, toys, books, games, baby equipment, furniture, n’ more. With over 20,000 items anticipated at our event, we will have something for everyone!
New to consignment sale shopping? Make the most of your shopping experience; follow these “navigation tips”:
1. Strollers/Baby Equipment/Furnitureis your first stop if you are in need of a new car seat or other piece of equipment.
2. After equipment, shop the shoes first. If you're looking for shoes, especially in the larger sizes, hit that section right away. Kids can wear shoes out fast, and there is usually a smaller selection of shoes than clothing. Don't forget to make a footprint cut-out before the event to make sure the shoes will fit.
3. Boys' clothes after shoes. I'm not sure if it's because boys are harder on their clothes, or because there is just less variety in boys' clothes, but there are always fewer boy racks, and the boy clothes are often priced higher. Hit those before the girls' so you can find the better clothes and better bargains.
4. Re-evaluate your picks before heading to the next section. Sometimes, when I'm in a shopping frenzy, I will pull way too much stuff off the rack. By going through my choices before heading out of the boys' section, I can weed out some of the more questionable items.
5. Be careful in the girls' section! The girls' section of consignment sales is some kind of shopping cryptonite.
6. Don't forget accessories like socks, hats, etc.
7. Save toys and books for last, and be discriminating.The toy section can be overwhelming, to say the least. Head into it with specific ideas for your kids. You can find some great deals on books, so save some energy to refresh your child’s library.
Don't forget to Have Fun! This is one shopping experience you can feel proud about!!! Comment below before Monday, Aug 24th to be entered to win a Pre-Sale VIP PASS!!Posted on August 18, 2012 at 2:30 PM