Six Steps to an Easy Peasy Birthday Party
Written by: Jessica Schanberg
For some of us birthday’s can be headaches to organize. Here are some suggestions to make it a breeze:
- First start with a guest list on evite. It’s easy to make attractive invitations and you can keep track of who is coming and find out food allergies in the mix.
- Next, you can whip up some decorations fast and cheap. I like the dollar store or a party store for more options. Pick up plates, décor and napkins in one fell swoop. Another fun thing to add on are party favors. Those can be purchased inexpensively at a party store too. With a few party bags and some colorful tissue paper, you have a nice giveaway.
- For activities you can hire a fun kid’s musician, or save some cash and play musical chairs, make a scavenger hunt, do a fun art project, like drawing or making playdoh.
- If delivery isn’t your style, maybe make something simple, like mac and cheese or lasagna, with some sliced apples on the side.
- The cake: There are some great bakeries in Chicago that make custom cakes like the Alliance Bakery, or Dinkel’s or you could go to Molly’s Cupcakes for something a little different.
At the end of the festivities you can relax knowing there isn’t much to clean up, besides happy faces!
This article is a guest post by Jessica Schanberg of Chicago based Pixel Peony. She is a computer savvy Personal Assistant and Personal Organizer/Graphic Designer. As an organizer, Jessica is adept at creating systems for her clients that help them to live better clutter-free lives in their environments.Posted on February 20, 2012 at 9:40 PM