Write for the next Parent to Parent newsletter | NPNparents.org
Written by: Laura Baginski
Chicago winters can be challenging for little ones who want to play outside—and for parents trying to come up with activities to keep their kids busy! Luckily, the January issue of Parent to Parent is full of ideas for fun at-home activities and ways to beat the winter blues. If you haven't received the issue in your mailbox yet, you will very soon!
We're already working on collecting stories from our members for our next issue, which comes out in May. Contribute your personal parenting story to Parent to Parent and have your story read by more than 6,500 people!
We're looking for first-person, personal accounts on the following topics:
- Working parents with school-age kids: How do you manage school summer vacation?
- How to encourage your kids invent their own unstructured summer fun
- Easy ways to prevent summer "brain drain"
- Weekend family road trips from Chicago
- Point-counterpoint: I never put photos of my kids online vs. I see no harm in putting photos of my kids online
- Insider tips on a famliy trip to the Wisconsin Dells
- Why summer camp was a game changer for my kid
- My favorite Chicago summer memory from my childhood
- What to do with your child this summer if you missed the summer camp deadlines
- Handling travel challenges with young kids (delayed flights, turbulence, lost baggage, long road trips)
If you'd like to write a story on one of these topics, or one of your own, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your preferred topic no later than Friday, Jan. 20.
Posted on January 13, 2017 at 4:42 PM