The 5 most popular NPN blog posts of 2016 | NPNparents.org
Written by: Laura Baginski
The most popular posts on the NPN blog this year had nothing to do with the presidential election, Prince or Angelina and Brad's divorce. Instead, they revolved around classic issues parents have been dealing with for ages: caring for special-needs kids, preschool, teachers' strikes and generally just trying to make raising kids in Chicago a bit easier.
5. The 1 essential skill kids should learn in preschool: Their ABCs? Colors? Shapes? Nope, nope and nope.
4. Childcare during the CPS teachers' strike: Thankfully, an agreement was reached and the strike was averted, but lots of Chicago businesses came together to make sure childcare was covered for working parents in case the strike happened.
3. 7 thoughts every stay-at-home mom has: "It's 3pm. Have I eaten lunch today?"
2. The best kid-friendly restaurants in Chicago: At these restaurants, kids are more than just tolerated, they're welcomed.
1. I keep my child at home all winter, to save her life: As a mom of an immune-compromised child artfully explains, cold and flu season means her child is confined to the home. This is how she makes it fun.
Posted on December 22, 2016 at 1:58 PM