The NPN South Side Preschool & Elementary School Fair is just days away! Here are all of the details you need to help you prepare before you arrive on Saturday, Sept. 10, in order to have a great school search experience.
PREPARING FOR THE EVENT
- Want to personalize your search criteria? You can do this with My Directory. Choose up to 30 schools, view them on a map, and save them to a custom PDF to print and bring with you to the fair.
- Check out the exhibitor list to see which schools and vendors will be there and create your "must-visit" list of exhibitors (use your My Directory list as guidance).
- Make a game plan. Some attendees bring a spouse to divide and conquer, each with a separate list of schools to talk to. Others prefer to talk to the schools together. And others would rather go it alone without anyone holding them back! Keep in mind that it takes most attendees about 90 minutes to get through the fair, and the busiest time is when the doors open at 10am.
DAY OF THE EVENT
- Getting there: Street parking is available. The closest train line is the South Shore; get off at 55th-56th-57th.
- Wear comfortable shoes, and allow extra time to arrive (especially if you need to park).
- When you arrive, use the printed School Fair Program to see which exhibitors are there, what programs they offer, where they are located in the expo area—and to take notes. All of the schools will be alphabetized within the interior of the room. There will be enrichment programs and other businesses aong the perimeter of the room.
- Take a deep breath and try to balance time between your "must-visit" list with a bit of exploring. You may discover some interesting new options!
- If you have questions, please ask our team of NPN staff and volunteers. We are here to help you!
9 questions parents should be asking schools
The ABCs of applying to CPS preschools
Find parent support, advice & community with NPN
September 14, 2015 at 12:37 PM