NPN's Online Silent Auction guide to bidding
NPN's biggest fundraiser of the year, which allows us to continue to bring programming, events and school-choice help to Chicago parents, opens for bidding on Wednesday, April 18! Open to the public, our Online Silent Auction is bigger and better than ever, with nearly 500 items up for bid.
Once you've had a chance see our $90,000+ in goodies for Chicago families, make sure to place bids asap! We know how crazy life can get—set your max bid and rest easy. You can stop back in and visit your items or check your email notifications to make sure you are still in the lead. Bidding closes at 10pm CST on Sunday, April 22.
This is the perfect opportunity to buy things you already know you want or need—like summer camps, kids classes, fitness classes, restaurant gift cards, birthday parties, parties for moms, interior design, sporting event tickets, legal and business opportunities—and help NPN, a 501(c)3 non-profit that depends on your bids to keep its lights on!
How to bid:
- Go to biddingforgood.com/npnparents.
- If you are new to Bidding For Good online auctions, click the Register to Bid button in the top center of the homepage. Enter necessary contact information and click “Submit.”
- If you already have a Bidding For Good account, type in your username and password and click Sign In.
- Click the View All Items button to peruse nearly 500 amazing items or click on individual categories to shop item by interest.
- Select the item(s) on which you’d like to bid.
- Enter your current bid, maximum bid and/or straight bid. For more information about these types of bids, see below. Make sure to click the Confirm Bid button to ensure your bid is properly processed.
- Track your bids by clicking the My Items button.
- To update your account or credit card information, click the My Account button.
- Check your email for updates when there is activity on your items.
Frequently asked questions:
- Do I need to enter credit card information into the system in order to bid? Yes. Your bid is considered your commitment to purchase the item at that price. If you win the item, the credit card used will be charged for the item you purchased.
- What is a “Maximum Bid”? Your maximum bid is the highest price you are willing to spend on an item via proxy bidding scenario. You can always increase your maximum bid if you’d like or if you’ve been outbid.
- What is a “Straight Bid”? A straight bid allows you to bid higher than the minimum increment immediately, instead of having to wait until the bidding is increased to that level. Enter the amount you would like to bid on an item, and check the "Straight Bid" option. The bid will be placed immediately at the amount entered.
- Is there a “Buy It Now” option? No. For the NPN Silent Auction, there is no “Buy It Now” option.
- Will I be notified via email if I am outbid? Yes. Bidders are automatically opted in to receive bid alerts when they are outbid.
Happy bidding! Thank you for supporting the NPN community. Please contact Meredith at email@example.com if you have any questions or need any help.
Posted on April 21, 2015 at 7:12 AM