Discussion Forum Guidelines
You cannot ever publish criminally actionable or otherwise libelous content on these Forums. Doing so will result in account suspension and potential legal action against you – either by NPN or from other entities.
We ask that you contribute to this community’s ongoing conversation and respect one another’s viewpoints. .
IMPORTANT - You risk losing your membership without a refund if you are unable to follow these rules:
- Behave appropriately. NPN moderates the Forum but not every post that violates our rules will be caught. Please be understanding and feel free to help us out. You may click on “Report as spam/offensive” next to any post and you should also feel free to email questions/concerns to email@example.com. Upon receipt of any complaint, NPN will conduct an immediate and thorough investigation and remove the post if it is found to violate NPN's policies or state or federal law. If everyone behaves like reasonable adults – we can keep this from becoming a negative and frustrating environment.
- Keep it clean. We are all adults. No profanity, inappropriate language, and especially no malicious treatment of another member. Personal attacks of any kind are unacceptable – your membership will be revoked; Please be respectful of other members – and if you disagree with what they say either 1) ignore them or 2) respond in a constructive way.
- Represent yourself honestly. Do not pretend to be someone else and do not share your login with a friend/colleague. Each person using the Forum must have their own ID. No impersonating other members or NPN staff/volunteers/board members. If you represent a school, childcare provider, or business please make that clear when contributing to the forum.
- Respect each other’s privacy. This is a members-only community and members have the right to remain anonymous. No collecting, storing or posting other members’ personal information. You may not report or share information from this Forum and you may not try to out another member in this forum or on another forum. We want to keep this a safe place for members to share openly.
- No spamming or inappropriate soliciting. You may share your businesses information and respond to posts with your business information – but be smart and be tasteful. If you over post or over respond – you will get called out on it.
- Buy, Sells, and/or Swaps. NPN makes no representations regarding the quality, quantity or other material characteristic of any item bought, sold or transferred on NPN's forum or through NPN's classified section. The parties engaged in the transaction assume sole responsibility for all aspects of the transaction and agree not to hold NPN liable for any actions resulting from the transaction.
- Contribute appropriate and accurate information. You agree that all information submitted by you is fit for publication, and is not libelous, defamatory and/or pornographic. By sharing information, you warrant that NPN may publish the information, and/or incorporate it or any concepts described in such information, without liability to you or any other or entity.
- By uploading an image, graphic or photo for use as your user avatar or as part of your forum post, you represent that you own the image, graphic or picture or have obtained proper authorization from the owner to use the image, graphic or picture. NPN reserves the right to remove any images that are offensive or do not comply with our guidelines.
- All posts are subject to review by NPN. NPN reserves the right to remove or edit any posts at our sole discretion. Any posts that are contributing to a negative and threatening atmosphere on the boards will be removed and may result in a suspension or termination of your membership.
- Comments and questions about NPN, its services, website and policies should be sent to the NPN administration team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Discussions violating this rule may be removed at NPN's discretion.
- Please refrain from posting any items for sale, swap, or donation that violate federal laws and/or Illinois state law. This may include, but is not limited to: cribs with drop-down side rails, used car seats, open containers of formula or other food products, and prescription medication.
- Maintain an active and valid email address on your NPN account so NPN is able to reach you with important announcements and account related communications.
- All messages sent to NPN members via the Private Messaging services offered through the NPN website are sent at the sole discretion of the NPN member authoring the message and are intended solely for the NPN member to whom the private message is addressed. NPN does not claim ownership over the material included in those messages. Furthermore, NPN does not review or censor the content of those messages and makes no representations or warranties regarding the content of those messages. In using NPN's Private Message services, all NPN members agree to abide by NPN's general code of conduct including prevailing state and federal laws regarding the prohibition against slander and libel. All members may opt out of the private messaging services by visiting DISCUSS > FORUM PROFILE MANAGER > PERSONAL MESSANGER and then clicking DISABLE MESSANGER.
Discussion Boards Warning Points:
Members are granted one warning point for every Discussion Boards Guidelines violation. If a member collects 3 warning points his/her membership is put on probation. The membership will be terminated/suspended (without a refund) if a subsequent violation occurs. NPN reserves the right to terminate a membership at any time depending on the severity of violation/s.
Special Note Regarding "Ask The Expert":
The statements ("the Content") made during the #asktheexpert series are for informational purposes only. The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read via #asktheexpert.
If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. NPN does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site or within the Content. Reliance on any information provided by NPN, NPN employees or guest contributors, others appearing on the Site at the invitation of NPN, or other visitors to the Site is solely at your own risk.
NPN Staff Team
Please contact email@example.com with any questions.