Thanks for your interest in a free trial membership with Neighborhood Parents Network! NPN is a non-profit 501(c)3 that connects a diverse community of families with the resources they need to navigate parenting in the city. Expectant, new and seasoned parents come to NPN to find what they need to tackle the everyday challenges of being a Chicago parent. Whether online or in person, NPN makes it easy to find support, must-have information and amazing city events. NPN has been connecting Chicago parents for almost 40 years!
A 7-day trial membership is a great way check out all NPN offers before becoming a full member. With your free 7-day trial, you'll be able to:
- Gain read-only access to our Main Discussion Forum
- Check out the events on the NPN calendar and RSVP to nonmember-only events
- Read about parenting news, local events and member-written essays on our blog
You will not be able to:
- Reply to topics in our discussion forum
- Access the Childcare Classifieds
- RSVP to member-only events on the NPN calendar
- Access the My Directory tool for your school search
- Access Parent Perks—discounts and special offers exclusively for NPN members
To access ALL of the resources you'll need to navigate city parenting, you can upgrade to a full NPN membership. As a member of our community, you'll get:
- Childcare Classifieds - Find a parent-recommended nanny or babysitter from a source you can trust.
- Parent Education - NPN hosts parent workshops on topics such as infant sleep and potty training with some of the most well-respected experts in their fields.
- Discussion Forum - Pose a question or jump in with an answer to everything from labor/delivery to schools to where to find a plumber on a moment's notice. Post as yourself or anonymously.
- School Search - We have a robust school directory that you can search with your own criteria, school choice programming and our big annual School Fair.
- Parent Perks - Your NPN membership gives you thousands of dollars in discounts from local and national businesses that cater to parents.
- Fun events every month - Our calendar is full of parties, play dates and moms' nights out, and many are FREE!
- New Moms Groups - Meet moms who face the same changes, challenges and joys you are experiencing as a new parent.
- Parent to Parent newsletter - Our quarterly print newsletter is filled with parenting advice and stories from our members.