Advertise with NPN
Our membership base consists of 6,000 families, businesses, schools and non-profits. Member demographic ranges from expectant parents to parents whose children generally range in age from birth to 6 years and reside in the city of Chicago. Outlined below are several effective opportunities to help spread the word about your business with NPN.
PARENT TO PARENT NEWSLETTER
Our Parent to Parent newsletter is distributed 3x yearly to all NPN members, at NPN events including the popular Expectant Parent Series and Parent University, Chicagoland Pediatric doctor and OB offices, family-friendly shops and restaurants and from members to non-members through the kindness of giving.
2017 Release Dates & Deadlines:
- 2017 Issue 1 (winter): Release: January | Deadline: November 7, 2017
- 2017 Issue 2 (spring/summer): Release: May | Deadline: March 6, 2017
- 2017 Issue 3 (fall)): Release: September | Deadline: July 3, 2017
2017 SCHOOL FAIR COLOR BROCHURE
NPN hosts an extensive annual city-wide school fair each fall (September 24, 2017). A school fair program brochure is distributed to every family who attends (approx. 1,000 people) which lists the fair exhibitors. This guide is currently SOLD OUT. We are accepting a wait list.
Ad submission deadline:
- Monday, July 31, 2017
2017 DEVELOPMENTAL DIFFERENCES RESOURCE FAIR BROCHURE
NPN hosts a valuable Developmental Differences Resource Fair (March TBD) featuring providers from all over Chicago that focus on serving parents of children with developmental differences. A fair program brochure is distributed to every family who attends (approx. 400) which also lists the fair exhibitors.
Ad Submission deadline:
- Friday, February 6, 2017
Email Blast Opportunities
WEB BANNER SPACE IN 1X MONTHLY FAMILY CONNECTIONS E-MAIL BLAST
NPN is currently accepting (one) banner image for the 1xmonthly Family Connections e-mail blast. This blast goes to ALL e-mail addresses that NPN currently has on file (approximately 28,000+) and is typically scheduled for the first business day of each month. Specifications are 300X250 horizontal banner image and URL.
WEB BANNER SPACE IN 1X MONTHLY SCHOOL & DAYCARE SEARCH SURVIVAL E-MAIL BLAST
NPN is currently accepting up to five banner images or logos in the 1x monthly School & Daycare Search Survival blast. The blast will feature search tips and blog links to school and daycare related information. This blast goes to ALL e-mail addresses that NPN currently has on file (approximately 28,000+) and is typically scheduled on the 15th of each month. Submit your square logo or 180X180 pixel logo banner and URL.
SEMI-DEDICATED: NPN'S DEVELOPMENTAL DIFFERENCES CONNECTIONS E-MAIL BLAST
This dedicated email blast goes to NPN’s database of families who have expressed interest in learning more about resources for children with developmental differences.
B2B ADVERTISING: BUSINESS CONNECTIONS SEMI-DEDICATED E-MAIL BLAST
This email blast goes to NPN’s database of local business owners and decision-makers.
B2B ADVERTISING: SCHOOL CONNECTIONS SEMI-DEDICATED E-MAIL BLAST
This email blast goes to NPN’s database of local school administrators in the city of Chicago.
DEDICATED: PARENT PERKS DISCOUNT E-MAIL BLAST FOR NPN MEMBERS-ONLY
NPN offers a way for NPN Business members to post an exclusive coupon in the 'Perks' directory. Highlight your business to NPN family members by passing forward a special discount (minimum 15% off the retail price) with an email blast to NPN's 6,000+ member email addresses. Note: You do not need to be a NPN Business Member to participate in this blast.
Email email@example.com to reserve your Dedicated Email:
- E-mail blasts occur on Tuesdays only
- All Discount Email Blasts are also promoted via a public NPN blog post, Facebook and Twitter
Web Site (Web Banner) Opportunities
Help your business stand out by placing a web banner ad on NPN's dynamic web site. Advertisers can choose what percentage of these page views to own, as well as the duration that the web banner will run. Packages are available for any budget. NPN offers four packages:
- Package A: NPN's resourceful Discussion Forum. NPN's Discussion Forum receives approximately 600,000 page views/mo.
- Package B: Home page, Login Page, Sign up page, Blog pages, Groups pages combined
- Package C for schools only: Banner on NPN's School/Daycare pages
Sponsored Blog Posts
Sponsored blog posts are a great way to engage Chicago parents with informative, helpful content that creates a buzz about your business. NPN's sponsored posts are not direct advertising; rather, the content is designed to generate interest in your business's category without necessarily mentioning the name of your business in the narrative.
Successful examples of buzz-generating sponsored blog posts on NPN include:
- Create your own Pillow Fight Day with your family (sponsored by Dacron)
- Why I chose a midwife for my third birth (sponsored by Little Company of Mary Hospital and Health Care Centers)
- The 1 essential skill kids should learn in preschool (sponsored by Families Together Cooperative Nursery School)
NPN offers three tiers of sponsored blog content solutions. Contact Advertising for pricing and details.
- Tier 1: Written by member, with one-on-one topic brainstorming, formatting and editing help from NPN*. Member provides photo(s). NPN promotes the post on social media 2 times.
- Tier 2: Written by member, with one-on-one topic brainstorming, formatting and editing help from NPN*. Member provides photo(s). NPN promotes the post on social media 3 times, and sends one dedicated eblast.
- Tier 3: NPN brainstorms, researches and writes the post and provides the image(s), pending approval by member before publication. NPN promotes the post on social media 4 times, and sends one dedicated eblast.
* Topic must be pre-approved by NPN; post is subject to editorial approval.